NFB.ca Launches Playlist Contest
It’s been almost two weeks since our official launch and we’re still in awe of the incredible response we’ve had to NFB.ca. The comments we’ve read – both on our blog and on others across the Web – have been incredible and have really made all our hard work worthwhile. We want to thank you for all the kind words and repeat visits, so we’ve decided to let you take the reins for a while.
That’s right – we’re launching a contest. We want you to create your very own playlist. Here are the rules:
- The playlist must fit the theme “What the NFB means to me.”
- The films must already be on the site.
- You can choose a maximum of five films.
- Accompanying text should be a maximum of 275 words.
- The text must tie the films together and explain how the films fit the theme.
- The playlist can include English-language films, French-language films or a mix of the two.
- All entries must be submitted, via the Comments section, by the end of the day on February 28, 2009.
- Read the NFB’s official contest rules. By submitting your entry, you indicate that you’ve read and accepted the terms.
- Contest is open to Canadian residents aged 13 and over.
Two winners will be chosen – one French and one English, based on how well the selection of films and accompanying text relate to the theme. If there’s a tie, the winner will be randomly selected by a drawing in the Web team office.
The winner’s playlist will be featured on the front page of the site and will be added to our Playlist section. The winner will also receive the Norman McLaren Master’s Edition Box Set.
So get cracking! We can’t wait to see your ideas…
As a complete aside – if you’re experiencing problems with the site, please be specific in your emails to the webmaster. What browser you’re using, the error message you receive, etc. are all helpful. A screen shot would be great. Thanks.
To whet your appetite, enjoy this classic from the master, Norman McLaren: