Want To Write For The NFB? Now’s Your Chance!
Are you passionate about cinema and interactive projects and are fond of the NFB? We’re seeking one-off contributing authors for our blog.
Submit your text of approximately 300-500 words about a film or interactive project in the NFB’s online collection. Your blog post should address the following questions: How did you discover the work? What story does it tell? What’s special about it?
Set your imagination free and surprise us!
You have until August 5 to submit your text to email@example.com.
- The film or interactive work you write about must be available for free on NFB.ca.
- Preferred style: light, personal, general public
- Send at least one image to go with your text, and include its credit or source.
- You may write in English or in French (click here to view the invitation in French).
- Quality and creativity of content
- Adherence to preferred style and format
We will only contact the authors of the texts we select. They will be remunerated based on our current rates.
We also suggest you read our blog. Who knows, it might even give you some ideas.
We look forward to reading you.
The NFB editorial team
My father was an NFB Librarian and stored all the NFB films in hi office which was right next door to the house I grew up in Portage la Prairie. He once was Secretary to the South West NFB and had regular meetings at our house.
We had the latest NFB film for every family gathering. And once, when the Paul Anka film came out, I invited all my girl friends over to watch it and we loved it. I miss the NFB and it’s proximity to my life. I borrowed some films from the Library to share with my kids but it wasn’t quite the same!