Teacher Resources – School Subjects (Primary)
Already prepping for the upcoming school year? Overwhelmed with the amount of content available out there? Look no further!
For this post, we’re providing educational resources for 10 of the most popular school subjects in Canadian curriculums. Below are helpful blogs, playlists, mini-lessons, and films that’re filled with discussions, questions, and activities that you can use in your classroom—whether it be online or in person!
For secondary school subjects, please click here: Teacher Resources – School Subjects (Secondary).
ART AND MUSIC
DIVERSITY AND PLURALISM
PLAYLIST: Films with Described Video (Ages 5-8)
MINI-LESSON: Unspoken Tears (Primary)
MINI-LESSON: Private Eyes
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS
MINI-LESSON: Nightmare at School
MINI-LESSON: Elbow Room
GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTALISM
PLAYLISTS: Provinces and Territories Playlist
MINI-LESSON: A Sea Turtle’s Story
PLAYLIST: Life in Early Canada Series
PLAYLIST: Mi’kmaq Culture (Ages 9-11)
PLAYLIST: Vistas Series (Ages 5-8)
MINI-LESSON: The Mountain of SGaana
PLAYLIST: Talespinners Collection (Ages 5-8)
PLAYLIST: Short Films to Use in an ESL Classroom
PLAYLIST: Learning Through Empathy (Primary)
MINI-LESSON: Big Mouth
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PLAYLIST: Science Please!
PLAYLIST: Multiculturalism in Canada (Ages 5-8)
CAMPUS is the NFB Education subscription-based VOD service. In addition to the rich collection of free mini-lessons, playlists, and blog posts currently available on NFB.ca/education, a CAMPUS subscription includes:
- Access to over 6,000 films and interactive productions;
- Exclusive access to over 1,000 educational films and new releases;
- One of the world’s largest collections of Indigenous films;
- Thematic playlists curated by Canadian teachers;
- A clip creator to select your favourite scenes from NFB films;
- The ability to create and share playlists with students;
- Hundreds of teaching guides;
- Digital mini-lessons that use inquiry-based learning;
- The ability to search the NFB catalogue by school subject;
- MARC records to make our collection discoverable through library search system;
- 100% Canadian content in both English and French.
Pour lire cet article en français, cliquez ici.
Discover more Educational blog posts | Watch educational films on NFB Education | Watch educational playlists on NFB Education | Follow NFB Education on Facebook | Follow NFB Education on Pinterest | Subscribe to the NFB Education Newsletter