Teacher Resources – School Subjects (Secondary)
Already prepping for the upcoming school year? Overwhelmed with the amount of content available out there? Look no further!
For this post, we’re providing educational resources for 10 of the most popular school subjects in Canadian curriculums. Below are helpful blogs, playlists, mini-lessons, and films that’re filled with discussions, questions, and activities that you can use in your classroom—whether it be online or in person!
For primary school subjects, please click here: Teacher Resources – School Subjects (Primary).
ART AND MUSIC
PLAYLIST: Indigenous Music Traditions (Ages 12-14)
PLAYLIST: Metis Peoples and Stories (Ages 12-14)
DIVERSITY AND PLURALISM
PLAYLIST: Films with Described Video (Ages 12-14)
MINI-LESSON: A Passage Beyond Fortune
MINI-LESSON: Unspoken Tears (Secondary)
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING
PLAYLIST: Healthcare in Canada (Ages 15-17)
BLOG POST: love, amma | A Mother’s Journey to Healing
MINI-LESSON: Into the Light
GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTALISM
PLAYLISTS: Human Impact on Ecosystems (Ages 15-17)
MINI-LESSON: What Rhymes with Toxic
PLAYLIST: Canada at War Series (Ages 15-17)
MINI-LESSON: Forgotten Warriors
MINI-LESSON: Inconvenient Indian
MINI-LESSON: Bill Reid Remembers
MINI-LESSON: Honour to Senator Murray Sinclair
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PLAYLIST: The Big Reset (Ages 12-14)
PLAYLIST: Health Equity (Ages 15-17)
CAMPUS is the NFB Education subscription-based VOD service. In addition to the rich collection of free mini-lessons, playlists, and blog posts currently available on NFB.ca/education, a CAMPUS subscription includes:
- Access to over 6,000 films and interactive productions;
- Exclusive access to over 1,000 educational films and new releases;
- One of the world’s largest collections of Indigenous films;
- Thematic playlists curated by Canadian teachers;
- A clip creator to select your favourite scenes from NFB films;
- The ability to create and share playlists with students;
- Hundreds of teaching guides;
- Digital mini-lessons that use inquiry-based learning;
- The ability to search the NFB catalogue by school subject;
- MARC records to make our collection discoverable through library search system;
- 100% Canadian content in both English and French.
Pour lire cet article en français, cliquez ici.
Discover more Educational blog posts | Watch educational films on NFB Education | Watch educational playlists on NFB Education | Follow NFB Education on Facebook | Follow NFB Education on Pinterest | Subscribe to the NFB Education Newsletter