RiP! A Remix Manifesto now available for rent at Blockbuster!
RiP! A Remix Manifesto , Brett Gaylor, provided by the National Film Board of Canada
Brett Gaylor’s highly-acclaimed, award-winning film Rip! A Remix Manifesto, about copyright and content creation in the digital age, is now available for rent through Blockbuster.
This idea of a hybrid distribution model is something we’re really excited about, especially since our first foray into this area involves this particular film. The whole idea of copyright and free access to culture are at the core of this film, as expressed in an interview I did with Gaylor a while back. The beauty of this model is that the film is still available for free online (in HD, no less), while the rental version offers tons of bonus material for added value. Everyone still gets to watch the film and there’s the opportunity for our partners to recoup their investment.
The bonus materials offered on the DVD include:
- Lawrence Lessig’s final Free Culture video
- Indy Music – SXSW to Playgirl
- MC Marcelly, Brazil
- Congressman Mike Doyle + Girl Talk
- Showing Film to Lawyers
- Joysticks performs Salt n Pepa’s “Push It”
- Commentary by Director, Producers, Associate Director & Guests
MASHUP FAVORITES (Videos from Open Source Cinema and beyond)
- Bushwhacked – Cartel Communique
- Olio (remix culture video)
- Girl Talk – Ryan edit
- Girl Talk – Rotoscoped
- Who is Girl Talk?
- Girl Talk – photo montage video
- Steamboat Mickey (Concordia University)
What are your thoughts on this hybrid model of distribution?
Way to go : give the added value to multinational corporations. Real conterculture…