New on NFB Education – July 2020
Did you know that NFB Education updates its films, playlists, and educational offers every week? With so much content constantly being added to our site, we know it can be hard to keep up—especially when you’re busy. With that in mind, we’ve created a handy guide that teachers can reference.
Check back every month for more documentaries, animation, and resource learning materials you can use in the classroom!
Here’s everything new on NFB Education this July!
EDUCATIONAL FILMS ON CAMPUS
Over the course of a weekend tournament, youth sledge hockey teams from the U.S. and Canada battle for supremacy. Designed for players who have a physical challenge, the fundaments of the sport — passing, shooting, trash talking your opponents – remain the same.
In an undisclosed location in rural Nova Scotia, retired blacksmiths John and Nancy Little live a peaceful life, tending to their beautiful vegetable garden and crafting ethereal musical sculptures out of scrap metal.
High Wire examines the reasons that Canada declined to take part in the 2003 US-led military mission in Iraq, shining a spotlight on the diplomatic tug of war that took place behind the scenes with our neighbours to the south, who have often adopted an interventionist foreign policy to serve their own economic and geopolitical interests.
- Indigenous Resistance and Culture: Four Films Depicting the First Nations Struggle for Survival and Identity
- Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance | Canada’s History of Resistance to Indigenous Land Claims
- Is the Crown at War with Us? | Indigenous Solidarity and Responsibility Towards Future Generations
- Freedom Road | The Power of Indigenous Activism and Community Involvement
- Six Miles Deep | The Important Role of Women in First Nations Communities
- Engaging Students Remotely with CAMPUS
- Teaching Gender Identity in the Classroom Part 2
- Mini-Lesson for Space School – Astrogeology
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A CAMPUS ACCOUNT
CAMPUS is our subscription-based VOD service that offers educators access to hundreds of exclusive educational films, lesson plans, study guides, film chaptering, and more. Your school may already be subscribed to CAMPUS. Use the links below to register your personal account and begin exploring all that CAMPUS has to offer!
Network Services → Contact NetworkServices@gov.sk.ca
If you cannot find your institution, please contact our customer service by email at email@example.com or call 1-800-267-7710.
If you have any questions or comments about any of our CAMPUS features, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Discover more Educational blog posts | Watch educational films on NFB Education | Subscribe to the NFB Education Newsletter | Follow NFB Education on Facebook | Follow NFB Education on Twitter | Follow NFB Education on Pinterest