Teacher Resources for 2022-23 – School Subjects (Secondary)
Already prepping for the upcoming school year? Overwhelmed with the amount of content available out there? Look no further!
For this post, we’re providing educational resources for 10 of the most popular school subjects in Canadian curriculums. Below are helpful blogs, playlists, mini-lessons, and films that’re filled with discussions, questions, and activities that you can use in your classroom—whether it be online or in person!
For primary school subjects, please click here: Teacher Resources for 2022-23 – School Subjects (Primary).
PLAYLIST: Stop-Motion Animation
DIVERSITY AND PLURALISM
PLAYLIST: The Refugee Experience in Canada
MINI-LESSON: In Full Voice
MINI-LESSON: Unspoken Tears (Secondary)
FITNESS AND HEALTH
PLAYLIST: Sexual Health Education
BLOG POST: Kids and Stress: How Much Is Too Much?
PLAYLISTS: Provinces and Territories Playlist
MINI-LESSON: The Magnitude of All Things
PLAYLIST: The Dark Years Series
MINI-LESSON: Trick or Treaty?
PLAYLIST: Orange Shirt Day
MINI-LESSON: Jordan River Anderson, The Messenger
PLAYLIST: Engaging All Voices through Media
PLAYLIST: Poets on Film
MINI-LESSON: Unarmed Verses
PLAYLIST: Body Image in the Media
MINI-LESSON: Star Wars Kid: The Rise of Digital Shadows
BLOG POST: Do Social Media and Classrooms Mix?
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PLAYLIST: The Right to Safe and Healthy Water
PLAYLIST: The Japanese Internment
MINI-LESSON: Birth of a Family
CAMPUS is the NFB Education subscription-based VOD service. In addition to the rich collection of free mini-lessons, playlists, and blog posts currently available on NFB.ca/education, a CAMPUS subscription includes:
- Access to over 6,000 films and interactive productions;
- Exclusive access to over 1,000 educational films and new releases;
- One of the world’s largest collections of Indigenous films;
- Thematic playlists curated by Canadian teachers;
- A clip creator to select your favourite scenes from NFB films;
- The ability to create and share playlists with students;
- Hundreds of teaching guides;
- Digital mini-lessons that use inquiry-based learning;
- The ability to search the NFB catalogue by school subject;
- MARC records to make our collection discoverable through library search system;
- 100% Canadian content in both English and French.
Pour lire cet article en français, cliquez ici.
Discover more Educational blog posts | Watch educational films on NFB Education | Subscribe to the NFB Education Newsletter | Follow NFB Education on Facebook | Follow NFB Education on Twitter | Follow NFB Education on Pinterest